Golden Visa Spain
The Golden Visa is a residency permit for non-EU citizens and allows you and your immediate family to live and work in Spain with no minimum or maximum requirements regarding the time spent in Spain.
The Golden Visa Spain program was launched in 2013 by the Spanish Government, and since then Avalaw has helped many investors come to Spain thanks to this special residency permit.
An investment of 500.000€ in Spain will grant you and your immediate family the permits required to live and work in Spain.
How to get a Golden Visa in Spain
1. Contact AvaLaw to schedule a free consultation in person, by phone or by skype. We will answer in detail to all your questions so that you can decide whether the Spanish Golden Visa Program can be applied in your situation.
2. Get to know the real-estate offering on-line. Depending on your search criteria, we can introduce you to a realtor from our network of prestigious, trustworthy and officially registered real-estate agents that our previous clients have been satisfied with.
3. Visit Spain to meet us and the realtors in person. After the first meeting and after having received a personalised proposal of services, if you believe that we are the right professionals to assist you, we can start the process to purchase the property and obtain the Golden Visa for your family.
4. Choose the property you like the best.
5. Open a Spanish bank account for the transaction. This is the only other thing you need to do in person while in Spain, everything else can be done remotely on your behalf by Power of Attorney.
6. Follow-up – or not! You can be an integral part of the process, participating as much as you wish – or you can just take it easy and only come to pick up the keys to your new property from our office 1-3 months later – and the Golden Visa 1 – 3 months after that.
The option with the lowest required amount is to invest 500.000 euros in Spanish real-estate. You can invest in one or several apartments, houses, land, parking slots, offices, etc.
You can also get the Golden Visa if you make a deposit in the Spanish banks, invest in Spanish companies, buy Spanish bonds, etc., but in these cases the minimum amount to be invested is 1-2 million euros.
The taxes, service fees and other transaction costs vary locally and also depend on the type of investment. In any case, a total budget of 600.000 euros / family is enough to get the Golden Visa anywhere in Spain for any type of properties.
The Golden Visa differs radically from traditional Spanish residency permits in a number of aspects.
- The renewal of a Golden Visa does not require a minimum annual stay in Spain.
- The Golden Visa has an easier and faster application procedure. If the minimum investment is made and the applicant does not have a criminal record, the visa is practically always granted provided the application has been properly prepared and submitted.
- The Golden Visa includes a working permit, the holder is automatically granted the right to work in Spain along with the right to reside in Spain.
- The Golden Visa allows the investor to bring along his or her immediate family.
The initial investor’s residency permit is valid for two years and can be extended upon expiry for a period of five years, as long as you maintain the minimum level of investment.
No, there is no limit to the number of times that the Golden Visa can be extended, but it is necessary to maintain the minimum investment at all times. A holder of a Golden Visa, however, is allowed to switch between types of investments, for example, from one property to another or from an investment in real estate to the holding of the minimum amount in a bank deposit.
Yes, if you actually live in Spain permanently with your Golden Visa, your status can become a long-term resident after five years. The main effect is that you do not have to maintain the investment to keep your resident status. There is also the possibility to apply for a change of residency to another EU country.
If you live in Spain permanently, you can obtain Spanish citizenship after 10 years. Latin American citizens and those of certain other countries, however, can seek to attain citizenship after just two years.
The option to apply for citizenship applies only to investors who actually reside in Spain. Investors who come to Spain only occasionally with their Golden Visa are not eligible for citizenship.
Are you elegible for a Golden Visa? Book a free consultation and check it out!
Watch our videos about Golden Visa in Spain.
Related Services to Golden Visa Spain
If you are a highly qualified worker form outside the EU and you’re planning to come to Spain, then you may be interested in the Blue Card.
Are you planning to come to Spain but not to work here? Then you may be interested in a Non-lucrative Visa.
Download our Golden Visa Guide!